Octane Fitness Zero Runner Elliptical Review
Hey guys! Today I am going to be doing a review on the Octane Fitness Elliptical called the Zero Runner. I have just recently been introduced to it, so keep reading and I will go through everything the Zero Runner does and all of the benefits of it.
Octane Fitness was founded in 2001 when fitness veterans Dennis Lee and Tim Porth produced a zero-impact standing elliptical trainer that had great reviews. They went on to develop the world’s first recumbent elliptical trainer and other revolutionary zero-impact cardio machines. Today the Octane Fitness lineup includes three categories of ellipticals as well as the Zero Runner, and treadmill alternatives.
The Octane Fitness Zero Runner is an elliptical created by Octane Fitness. It doesn’t impact your joints when you use it for a cardio workout. You can walk, jog, run, stride, or climb (stair step) on this machine with zero joint compression or strain.
We recently bought a Zero Runner at the chiropractic office I work at, and it feels like you are running on air! Anyone can use this machine and get a great workout while burning lots of calories.
Who is The Octane Fitness Zero Runner Elliptical For?
This piece of equipment is perfect for…
- Anyone with bad joints (such as bad knees, ankles, etc.)
- Anyone with back or hip problems
- Anyone doing rehabilitation for an injury
- Even people who are young, in shape, and just want a good cardio workout and avoid any injury
This Zero Runner will definitely get your heart rate up. There are two different models of the Zero Runner, the ZR7 and the ZR8.
Which Octane Fitness Zero Runner Elliptical is Right For You?
Here is a breakdown of everything the ZR7 and the ZR8 do, as well as the differences between them…
- The pedals move independently and adjust automatically when you change your movement (like switching from running to stepping).
- It can accommodate steps up to 58″ long.
- You can use it for strength and resistance training as well, because it comes with resistance bands that you can hook to 7 different spots.
- There are many workouts available with the SmartLink fitness app, which can also track workout stats. It also has video tutorials for hundreds of exercises and personalized plans for 30, 60, and 90 days.
- It has 2 places you can place your phone or tablet, so you can use the SmartLink app while on the machine. SmartLink can Bluetooth to the machine and record your data.
- You can monitor your heart rate on it by holding the handles, or you can use a heart rate strap to connect wirelessly. It takes Bluetooth 4.0, ANT +, and Polar heart rate straps.
- It has a Gait Analyzer that promotes a healthy posture. It will alert you when your form starts to slump.
- It is 5 feet long and 3 feet wide, it’s cordless, and is great for your home. You can just tilt it on its wheels and it is easy to move.
- It has a water bottle holder so you can stay hydrated during your workouts.
This machine has everything the ZR7 has, with just a little more features.
- The ZR8 has moving arm bars, which the ZR7 does not have. These let you swing your arms as you would normally do when running, but it has the benefit of extra resistance.
- The ZR8 weighs less, and the pedals are made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- It is 63″ long and 38″ wide ( a little bigger than the ZR7).
How Much Does The Octane Fitness Zero Runner Cost?
Click the links below for prices…
I would suggest getting the ZR7 because it gives you almost the same benefit as the ZR8, and it is cheaper.
The Octane Fitness Zero Runner has a good warranty. Octane provides lifetime protection for the frame, as well as a 5 year warranty for parts, and a 1 year warranty for labor.
Octane Fitness has earned dozens of awards for their machines, and the Zero Runner is truly one of the best machines you can have in your home. The best part is, ANYONE can use it no matter what their limitations are. If you have been wanting to get back into working out but you don’t know what to do because everything you do hurts your knees, ankles, feet, hips, back, etc., then you need to get this machine. You will finish the workout, feel accomplished, and not have any pain!
It will cost you a pretty penny to get one, but if you are looking for a piece of cardio equipment for your home (or business) The Zero Runner will benefit you in the long run.
If you have any questions or have had experience with The Octane Fitness Zero Runner Elliptical, please leave a comment below!
Live Well and Live On,