Freshly Health Chef Review
Price: $49.99/week – $107/week
Owner: Marc Elkman
What is Freshly?
Freshly is a company, much like Blue Apron and many others, that send you fresh and healthy meals to your doorstep. However, the meals that Freshly sends you are already cooked and prepared before hand, and are never frozen. In other words, you can just take it out of the fridge, throw it in the microwave, and have dinner. In this review I am going to go over everything Freshly has to offer, and whether or not it would be beneficial for you to try it out.
How Does Freshly Work?
All you need to do to sign up with Freshly is enter your email and zip code. There are 3 steps…
- Pick how many meals you would like for the week, and which ones you would like to eat.
- They cook your meals, and never freeze them.
- Then they deliver them, so you can enjoy.
Every meal is natural, has lots of protein, is gluten free, and has no added sugars. It can actually help you save money as well. Every time you go to the grocery store, do you find yourself getting more than you expected? I dread going to the grocery store because I know I’m going to spend more money than I want to, unless I have a little extra self control that day. Freshly helps you limit yourself to what you NEED for the week so you do not splurge on the things you want.
Getting meals from Freshly can also save you time. Have you ever gotten home after a long days work and then feel your stomach start growling? Then you realize there a dirty dishes in the sink and the laundry hamper is piling up. You are way too exhausted to cook the healthy balanced meal that your body needs. That’s when you grab a Freshly meal, throw it in the microwave, and start cleaning those dishes and clothes. After you’re ready to relax your meal is hot, fresh, and a healthy way to end your day.
Having all of your meals ready in the fridge with Freshly saves you time and money! Each Meal takes about 2 minutes to heat.
What Kind Of Meals Does Freshly Have?
Freshly actually has 25 entrees to choose from, and 5 breakfast dishes to choose from. Here is all of them, but they may change some in the future.
- Baked Penne Marinara with Italian Sausage
- Penne Bolognese
- Steak Peppercorn with Sauteed Carrots & Asparagus
- Homestyle Meatloaf with Creamy Potatoes & Spinach
- Chicken Livorno with White Beans & Kale
- Chicken & Rice Pilaf with Green Beans & Yellow Carrots
- Baked Penne Marinara with Sauteed Zucchini & Spinach
- Southwest Chicken Bowl
- Sicilian-Style Chicken Parm with Penne Marinara
- Roasted Turkey with Quinoa Stuffing
- Grilled Chicken Risotto
- Grilled Herb Chicken with Swiss Chard & Spaghetti-Squash Cakes
- Italian-Style Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash
- Sowthwest Veggie Bowl
- Sicilian-Style Chicken Parm with Broccoli
- BBQ Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash & Summer Veggies
- Souther-Style BBQ Pork with Sweet Potato Hash
- Shrimp-Fajita with Mexican Street Corn
- Jamacian-Style Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa & Brown Rice
- Three Bean Ancho Turkey Chili
- Ancho Chicken with Quinoa Lentil Pilaf
- Peach Balsamic Pork Chop with Glazed Carrots & Broccoli
- Paleo Beef Chili
- Soy-Ginger Chicken with Fried Rice & Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Cod Romesco with Cauliflower Mash
- BLT Omelette
- Green Chili & Sausage Frittata
- Denver Omelette
- Garden Omelette
- Paleo Quinoa Porridge with Mango
These meals are of a good portion size. If you have trouble over eating, then these meals will help! They give you everything your body needs.
How Much Does Freshly Cost?
There are 4 different plans you can choose from on the Freshly website. Here is a breakdown of them…
- 4 meals/week – $12.50/meal, $49.99/week
- 6 meals/week – $9.99/meal, $59.99/week
- 9 meals/week – $9.99/meal, $89.99/week
- 12 meals/week – $8.99/meal, $107.99/week
With any plan you choose you will receive free shipping. You can purchase one week at a time, or you can be billed automatically to have them sent regularly. You can have it delivered to your house, apartment, or even your job. They come very well insulated and can last all day in its packaging without getting spoiled.
Now if you are living alone and only have yourself to take care of, you can get 6 meals so you will have a lunch or dinner almost every day of the week. If you get 12 meals, that’s both lunch and dinner for almost a whole week.
If you are just a married couple or roommates, you can get 12 meals so each of you can have 1 meal for almost a week. If you have more people in your house to take care of, like kids, these are great meals for them as well. However, if there are 4 mouths to feed 12 meals would be 3 days of meals together and everyone can have something different.
I spend lots of money on going out to restaurants and going to the grocery store. I probably spend over $100 a week on just dinner for me and my wife. If we get the 12 meals it would save up time, energy, and spend the same if not save money. Plus it’s healthy!
If you were to go to the grocery store how much would you spend? $100 – $300? How much do you spend on fast food? How long would those groceries last you? A week? A month? Do the math yourself to see if you would save money, because I bet you would.
On the Freshly website you can chat with someone live, or you can give them a call from 8am-4pm PT. You can also submit a ticket with a question you might have.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with a meal or meals, you can email their support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The only thing is you have to report the issue within 5 days of delivery. Depending on their decision they will either give you a full or a partial refund/credit. They may require pictures as well, just so they know what went wrong.
Freshly is a GREAT alternative to cooking. It is healthier than fast food, quicker than slaving in the kitchen and washing dishes, and the same price if not cheaper than going to the grocery store. I have personally tried 4 of the meals myself, and I have to say I was surprised. They are very good for microwave meals, but some may need some salt and pepper. So they taste good, they are healthy, they save you time, and they can save you money. What else can you ask for?
They do not guarantee weight loss, but their program can help with it. Everyone’s body is different, and YOU have to be the one to make the changes. Freshly is just there to make it easier!
If you have any questions or have had experience with Freshly, please leave a comment below.
Live Well and Live On,